FC33’s Scottish Cup debut will take some beating after they strolled through the first-round test against Glasgow’s TCB, taking no mercy in a 13-0 win.

In their first season, 33 have found things tough in the league campaign with just three wins from 11 but they showed their quality in the cup.

Michael McBrearty rattled in six goals with Jack Smith getting five. Charles Lamont and an own goal made up the rest against a TCB side short on numbers after their trek north.

Dundee Celtic also progressed after Wattcell were unable to field a team for their highly-anticipated clash.

In league action, Dundee City moved to within four points of leaders Celtic with an impressive six goals from Mikey Craig putting AGB Dundee West to the sword after Dundee Stars were shocked by a resilient Dundee West Colts.

Michael McBrearty finds the net in the first half for FC33.

The big draw of the night saw the Scottish Cup get under way at RPC Caird Park with FC33 and TCB both in their first-ever matches in the competition.

It was a memorable night for the home side as they swept to a massive victory.

It did take time to break down a stubborn Glaswegian defence before an own goal broke the deadlock on eight minutes.

The floodgates opened six minutes later as McBrearty got his first and second of the night within 60 seconds of each other and Jack Smith made it 4-0 at half-time.

The goals kept coming for those two as the Dundonians piled forward. Within six minutes of the restart it was eight before Charles Lamont got in on the act on the half-hour.

Four more were added to send FC33 into round two full of swagger.

Dundee Stars (red) lost out to a stubborn Dundee West Colts.

In SFL-Dundee, there was movement at the top end of the table as City leapfrogged Stars.

Stars kicked off the night in second place with the chance to cut the gap to leaders Celtic.

However, they were deservedly beaten by a bright Colts side as they earned their third victory of the campaign.

Luke Miller got them off to the perfect start, netting at the far post, within four minutes before Cammy Quinn knocked in No 2 with 13 minutes on the clock.

Stars rallied after the break as Louie Anderson fired in but Colts were in no mood to be denied as Jack Egan finished smartly from a difficult angle.

In the closing stages, Zak Benmalek made it a nervy last few seconds but it was too little, too late.

AGB Dundee West on the attack – but they were well beaten by Dundee City.

That gave City the chance to move up to second place and they grabbed it with both hands.

They did have to get over a slow start, however, as AGB Dundee West went on the offensive.

They couldn’t make their early pressure count, however, with only Darryl Gowans’ low finish to show for it after four minutes.

City goalie Jhony Pozo had to be at his sharpest to keep out a George Cran effort that came back off the bar before Graeme Dailly also chipped onto the frame of the goal.

City got a foothold in the game as Craig burst away on the counter attack before a seven-minute salvo saw City 6-1 up at half-time.

Craig got five of those in a blinding first-half before Paul Blair chipped in the sixth.

Mark McDonald then made it seven for City before AGB began a mini-fightback.

Dailly was felled in the area but brushed himself off to net a penalty on 34 minutes and an own goal followed 60 seconds later.

There was to be no comeback, however, as City saw out the victory with Craig notching his sixth in the final minute to move his side into second spot.