Futsal: All to play for in SFL-Dundee as the goals fly in at Caird Park

A FLURRY of goals left it all to play for in SFL-Dundee as the league’s midpoint sees just six points separate the top six sides.

Thirty-nine goals flew in over four matches at RPC Caird Park with the chasing pack taking advantage of league leaders Dundee Celtic’s free week by closing in on top spot.

Second-placed Dundee Stars missed their chance to go level at the top of the table after they fell to a 7-4 defeat to Dundee City.

That allowed St Andrews University to move to within a point of Stars with their first victory at Caird Park – a dramatic last-minute success over bottom side Dundee University 2nds.

AGB Dundee West won the West derby with their own last-minute strikes as they got the better of Dundee West Colts 7-4 but stay in sixth spot, six points off top spot.

Dundee University 1sts, meanwhile, are a point better off after they swept past FC33 with a fine first-half display that saw them run out 5-1 victors.

Dundee City (white) got the better of Dundee Stars.

The first clash of the night saw City make a move on the table toppers with an impressive 7-4 success over high-flying Stars.

A tight first-half was blown open by a two-minute double from City’s Alberto Rincon on 15 and 17 minutes before Paul Blair and Damian Kunc exchanged goals to see it 3-1 at the break.

City kept up the pace with Steven McLauchlan and Chris Peachey opening up a 5-1 lead shortly after the restart and it was 7-3 with 13 minutes still to play after Mark McDonald and Aarryn Jackson added to that with Lewis Thomson and Faisal Ahmed responding.

Shaun Wilson would make it 7-4 from the spot but there would be no more goals as City saw out an important win.

Pierre El-Sayed Youssef grabbed a brace for St Andrews University.

Stars losing out allowed St Andrews to make up ground lost over the past couple of weeks as they edged past a determined Dundee Uni 2nds side.

Charles King gave the 2nds the lead two minutes in but Saints turned it around with Pierre El-Sayed Youssef’s quickfire brace making it 4-1.

Scott Brown got one back for the 2nds before the break ahead of a dramatic second period where the match swung one way and then the other.

Godsick added another but Pablo Merino’s hat-trick put the 2nds in front after 28 minutes.

That lead lasted five minutes before Ben Oswald netted and the match seemed to be heading for a draw. John Barton had other ideas, however, as he found the net to give Saints a much-needed victory.

Graeme Dailly opens the scoring for AGB Dundee West.

There was also last-minute drama in the battle of the Wests as AGB came from behind to beat the Colts.

The youngsters fell behind to Graeme Dailly’s second-minute strike but swept into a 3-1 lead through goals from Jamie McCann and Callum Rae.

They looked in control as AGB’s Neil Fleming was sent off shortly before the break. However, the four men managed to cut the lead to 3-2 before half-time.

Back at full capacity, AGB brought the game back to 4-4 after Brown’s second and Rab Pritchard’s low finish were levelled by Jimmy Webster.

That’s the way it stayed until the final minute when Dailly grabbed a vital lead for AGB before adding his third and fourth goals as the Colts flew forward.

Dundee University 1sts (red) saw off FC33.

That moved AGB to within six points of top spot but they remain in sixth position after Dundee University 1sts earned a fine 5-1 victory over FC33.

Sam Pirrie opened the scoring before Jack Penn’s double was added to by Adam Hounat and Nuno Borges as the students took complete control of the contest.

They couldn’t add to the goals in the second period as Euan McIlvenny netted a consolation for FC33 from the spot.